Lucid dreaming is when you have a dream in which you know you are dreaming. This happens when a dreamer experiences something strange, and when they stop to question their reality, they realize they are in a dream.
Lucid dreaming is the ability to consciously direct and control your dreams. It transforms your inner dream world into a living alternate reality - where everything you see, hear, feel, taste and even smell is as authentic as real life. And if you want to, you can wake yourself up. When you become lucid, your senses become alive. Through lucid dreaming you can fully enter the Dream Dimension.
How to Induce Lucid Dreaming
Feel free to interpret these simple steps in a way that fits to your needs:
1. Before you fall asleep while laying in bed, think "I need to learn to tell when I am dreaming. Right now I am in bed. The last place I was, was in bed". This helps you remember you're asleep while you're dreaming and makes you more likely to be aware.
2. Make a habit of looking at your hands and legs and memorizing how they look. This will help things look less fuzzy when you dream. Also just stare at things that are important to you, like your room and certain belongings as they might turn up in DD.
3. Constantly think back through the day. In your brain, go backwards to every place you were in that day leading up until where you are currently. During sleep you'll continue this habit then suddenly realize, "Wait, what happened before this?" At that point you'll realize you're asleep.
4. Try your hardest to remember all of your dreams. This can help you notice slight shifts in your dreams that might be signs that you're entering DD. Keeping a dream journal is the best way to analyze these shifts.
5. Pick out dream signs. Dream signs are things that obviously mean you are dreaming. Also, learn to pick out DD signs, such as names of important figures and important places. When you hear these names or see these places try your best to focus on your surroundings.
Keep doing these steps, even once you gain a good handle on DD so that way you don't start going Unconscious. Also, talking to people (like on this wiki) can really help you with orienting yourself in the case that you do go Unconscious for a bit of time or if you're having trouble staying lucid.